We welcome the Sunshine Coast Marathon for its fourth year running. It brings lots of people to the area, which is great for local businesses and promoting our Alex.
The event precinct is at located at the Alexandra Headlands Surf Club, with the start & finish area directly adjacent. There are great spectator vantage points in and around the event precinct where you can view your friends and family participating and where you can cheer them on down our now famous finish chute.
For local residents, here are the traffic changes.
- Brisbane Road – Amarina Ave to Foote St*
- Brisbane Road – Foote St. to Mooloolaba Esp
- Mooloolaba Esplanade – Brisbane Road to Buderim Mooloolaba Road
- Beach Terrace
* Emergency vehicles and local traffic access to Foote Street and Parkyn Pde.
Alexandra Headland Closures
- Alexandra Parade – Buderim Road to Okinja Rd*
*A slip lane is available on Alexandra Parade from Pacific Terrace to Okinja Road travelling north to Maroochydore; note this is a slip lane at 40km/hour.
- Boolarong Crescent
- Alexandra Pde – Okinja Rd to Sixth Ave (South bound only)
- Mandin St
- Edward St – Mandin St to Mayfield St
- Mayfield St – Juan St to Alex Pde.
Cotton Tree Closures
- 5th Ave – Melrose Pde to Beach Pde
- Melrose Pde – Sixth Ave to fifth Ave
- Beach Pde – Fifth Ave to Sixth Ave
- Kingsford Smith Pde – Fifth Avenue to Sixth Avenue
- 6th Av – Aerodrome Rd to Memorial Ave
- Melrose Parade – Sixth Avenue to Alexandra pde
- Memorial Av – King St to Alex Pde
- Beach Pde – Sixth Ave to Alexandra Pde
- Kingsford Smith Pde – 6th Ave to Alex pde
- Alexandra Parade
- Cotton Tree Parade
- The Esplanade, Cotton Tree
- Bradman Avenue – Yinni St to O’Connor St*
- Duporth Avenue – Ball St to O’Connor St.**
- Duporth Avenue** – The Esplanade (Cotton Tree) to Ball St.
- Ocean Street – Roundabout to Duporth Ave
- Picnic Point Esplanade
*A detour is in place via Broadwater Ave.
**A slip lane is available on Duporth Ave from Beach Rd to Ball St travelling north; note this is a slip lane at 40km/hour